Sony a7III vs A7RIII in 2021 - difference is 240€ for new bodies

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
loneshooter New Member • Posts: 4
Sony a7III vs A7RIII in 2021 - difference is 240€ for new bodies

To all those professionals who have/used both the Sony Sony a7III and A7RIII.

I am coming from a Fuji X-T2 and want to upgrade to FF.

I found very attractive offers on both cameras, and I don't know which one would suits me best.

I only do stills while traveling and family/kids photos. So the autofocus is important to the same extent as the IQ (Dynamic Range). I believe I could easily deal with the ISO of the A7RIII. in post, while having the possibility to crop (I cropped quite often my fuji raws).

A lot of articles state that there might be a difference in focus speed. However, some youtubers, who specialize in weddings have chosen the A7RIII and that confuses me.

1. How bad is the focus speed of the A7RIII, compared to a7III? My 1st lens will be the G 24-105 F4 (replacing my XF 16-55 F2.8 setup)

2. Is there a difference in the overall usability of the two cameras? I want to avoid lags in using the fn functions.

3. How bad is the low light capability of the A7RIII, compared to a7III? My ISO limit would be around 12800.

4. Can I go for A7RIII considering the above mentioned?

Thank you very much.

loneshooter's gear list:loneshooter's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Sony a7 III Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow