Stressing out over camera decision

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zilmar New Member • Posts: 9
Stressing out over camera decision

In 2017 I purchased a Sony A5100. Although I had some good moments - I found it seriously lacking in low light and it has an infuriating long-winded menu function that is very busy and takes a lot of time to scroll through.

Lately i have been using it again and I am struck by its limitations and lack of detail. I therefore tend simply to use my mobile phone more which has a very camera (s20fe).

I am looking a new camera that I can seriously push - I like shooting wide street scenes at night, animals in parks, landscapes.. even lightening. I spose the best way to see the types of things I like to shoot would be so browse by Instagram which doesn't have many pictures but should give an idea of what I like to shoot.

https://www.instagram.com/puig_major/

The cameras I am torn between... Sony A7c, Nikon Z5, Nikon Z6, Canon EOS (those that price match the others I mentioned - the Rebels don't seem to get very good reviews). I am looking for something that will easily surpass the A5100 in terms of usability, better focus and image quality. The prices of these cameras and lens will seriously hurt my wallet - so I want something that will hopefully give me the most satisfaction. I am currently in Brazil and of course prices and taxes make most these previously mentioned cameras impossible anyways until I return home - the camera that seems to be pushed here 24/7 over here is the cheap and cheerful Canon D3500 complete with two lenses at a reasonable price. I would also like your opinion on this camera and its capabilities. The site I have been using to judge all these cameras is cameradecision.

Any help would be much appreciated. I think after a few months I have talked myself in and out of various cameras several times..

Nikon D3500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow