Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,011
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

sportyaccordy wrote:

Stakeouttoo wrote:

I agree.. way too many APS-C users out there for Canon to just take a chance and 'give up' on them.. it all comes down to marketing .. and money

as are many.. I'm still holding out waiting to see if the R7 ever comes out.. had been waiting for a 7DMkIII but of course that's a definite 'never happen'

You guys are confusing camera USERS with camera BUYERS

You may be right that there are plenty of APS-C users out there. The question is, if they are so hungry for more APS-C stuff, why hasn't Canon developed more of it? Do you really think

Because Canon wasn’t really prepared for mirrorless to become dominant as quickly as it has and they really need to establish the prestige of the R system before losing too much ground to the competition.

1. Canon has the power to control what people buy and will pay? If that were the case they'd be selling $2000 Rebel kits at a super high profit

That is actually a great argument for why there should be an APS-c R camera

1. Canon is so dumb and out of touch with customers they are leaving this huge opportunity untouched? Is that the kind of strategy that keeps a company #1?

probably not but Canon is kind of behind the 8 ball right now and this isn’t their top priority.

The reality APS-C advocates don't want to admit is that the APS-C market is shrinking because consumers aren't buying them like before.

Yes for certain parts of the market that is definitely true but that isn’t really relevant when it comes to an R7

Canon has said as much multiple times in its financial reports. The majority of ILC sales losses have been in Canikon APS-C DSLRs. Even the 7D's demand was limited.... if it wasn't there would be a 7D3. We have to get out of the denial/anger stage of grief and get to acceptance.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow