Do you buy new gear?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Redhenry Regular Member • Posts: 161
Re: Do you buy new gear?

I have bought used gear for most of my life. The one new camera I bought, a Fuji XF1 in 2014, failed after 6 months, went back for repair then failed again when just out of warranty (pity, as it was lovely).  I'd like something new and shiny sometimes, but I'm a late adopter by nature. If you look on the MPB website, lots of people seem to be moving out of DSLRs into MILCs so there's lots of good used DSLR gear on sale. I like my D5100 but would rather like the 24mp sensor so might get a newer Nikon body soon. MPB have lots of "excellent" grade D3300s with just a few hundred shutter activations for £219. Don't need wifi or movies. I couldn't possibly overlook one of those in favour of something much more expensive, however much I would like a Z7. I might get one of those for my 75th birthday in 10 years, they'll be affordable then!

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Sony RX100 II Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow