Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,294
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

EJ Fudd wrote:

in talking to someone who has worked in photo industry for 30 yrs with canon and nikon the only people who want an APS-C sensor is wildlife photographers, manufactures don’t want it
The cost of producing a full frame sensor versus an APS sensor is minimal not to mention the expense of having RandD expenses and plants manufacturing aps-c sensors.
In addition frame sensors now are 45 megapixels plus, you can easily crop in and get an image that will be just as good or better than a 30 megapixel crop sensor with less noise. Not to mention the expense of 2 different lens designs.

Sure, but right now the only FF option for 45mp is to spend $3,900.  I for sure don't have that kind of disposable income.  I'm happy for those that do, but it's not an option for me and I expect many other current DSLR APS-C shooters.  No reason Canon can't produce a 24-30mp APS-C for around $2k.  I don't expect it to happen this year.  I guess if it doesn't happen in '22 it's far less likely.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow