Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
palombian Regular Member • Posts: 471
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

MikeJ9116 wrote:

Ad12 wrote:

Indeed. I bought an XT3 and XT30 as Canon had no such offering.

If Canon doesn't bring APS-C to the R system then the bulk of my money going forward will be spent on Fuji gear. The older I get the more I will be moving to APS-C for the smaller, lighter weight gear to haul around. While I would prefer to stay with Canon I won't be all that upset if they force me to go with Fuji.

The size and weight arguments are valid in many situations - and that's why I have EOS M equipment - but for long tele lenses there is not much gain to make with APS-C.

The R5 and R6 are not excessively heavy or large and the launch of the RF-600/800 f:11 can be an indication wildlife photographers should not expect something soon. This lens sells a lot of R6/R6 bodies (to people who will buy a better and much more expensive lens later...).

As already mentioned, it was vital for Canon to get the pro's back and focus on the high end first.

Even if there won't be an R7/M7, I am not inclined to switch to Fuji. I do not see any interesting long tele there, I am happy with the M, and for the cost of switching I can buy an R5 for birds.

Besides, I don't like the retro look.

palombian's gear list:palombian's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow