Finally new Sony APS-C model !?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 9,617
Re: Finally new Sony APS-C model !?

Euell wrote:

Geekapoo wrote:

No, I'm not trying to message that buying an AXXX model makes no sense, instead that APS-C is converging with FF when the camera has a high MP sensor. I'm wondering what future features will drive APS-C sales as at least to me, buying a FF camera with great crop potential has great appeal (and is what I'm doing with my A7R4).

You are ignoring the obvious, the price of admission.

When I can buy an FF camera that is the same size as an APS-C camera, with the same resolution when using APS-C lenses, AND the same price, then why would I care about APS-C cameras anymore?  That’s a lot of if’s , tho.  I think we’re a ways out for that.  What if the price is only, say, $400 more?  Or $200?  I mean, at some point, maybe they can make it happen.  Right now, the pricing difference is significant, and I plan to stick with APS-C for years.

The bottom-line is the quality is great so it’s not like I have this huge desire for an upgrade like in the early days of digital cameras.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow