X-T4 vs. Canon R6

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
A_Mist
A_Mist Contributing Member • Posts: 588
X-T4 vs. Canon R6

I already asked this in Canon forum, but here people might see things from different angle.

I use Olympus and Fuji at the moment, but thinking of buying Canon R6 and RF 24-70mm.

Fuji X-T4 is AWESOME camera and lenses too. I love the colours and image quality. I use it professionally too, mainly portraiture, sometimes sports.

So everything is good, right?

Almost. First and biggest problem is AF-C + tracking. It just is not good enough when I shoot sports or my 2-year-old toddler. Even the best camera is not enough if photos are out of focus.

This is the key point. AF on X-T4 is not on par with R6. Should I wait Kaizen to happen with X-T4 autofocus? I remember when my Olympus E-M1.2 got HUGE firmware update after a couple of years after release, and it truly made the camera whole new. I’m still amazed about it. That is how things should be done!

Also with Fuji I miss custom dials C1-C3. Fuji doesn’t have them since it has ”retro” dials. Awesome dials and love to use them, but custom dials are more convenient in many ways. This is something firmware updates cannot repair.

On the other hand, besides AF issues (AF-C + tracking) and some other minor flaws, X-T4 is superb in almost every way. And eventhough I shoot raw, film sims really make my life easier since those are great starting points for PP. ”Just put a film sim of your choice to raw file in Capture One, and you’re almost done already”.

Does anyone here use (or have used) both R6 and Fuji? Were there some surprises? I already know that R6 has better AF and dynamic range, and custom dials. Anything else I should know?

A_Mist's gear list:A_Mist's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus E-M1 III Canon EOS R6 Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow