Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ad12 Senior Member • Posts: 1,238
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

MikeJ9116 wrote:

EJ Fudd wrote:

in talking to someone who has worked in photo industry for 30 yrs with canon and nikon the only people who want an APS-C sensor is wildlife photographers, manufactures don’t want it

Whoever you talked to doesn't know much about photography, IMO. Many people want APS-C cameras. Including many of the millions upon millions of APS-C DSLR users. What makes you think they don't want to be part of the R system? Especially when we see so many FF DSLR users opted to buy into the R system.

The cost of producing a full frame sensor versus an APS sensor is minimal not to mention the expense of having RandD expenses and plants manufacturing aps-c sensors.

I keep reading this but I have not seen any proof this statement is valid. Do you have any? The increase in sensor yield from a single wafer for APS-C versus FF does not support this in any way.

In addition frame sensors now are 45 megapixels plus, you can easily crop in and get an image that will be just as good or better than a 30 megapixel crop sensor with less noise. Not to mention the expense of 2 different lens designs.

Your statement is incorrect. A crop sensor area on a 45mp FF sensor isn't close to 30mp. It is around 17mp. To get a 32mp crop area you need to start with about an 80+mp FF sensor.

I own FF DSLR and MILC canon cameras. I also own APS-C Canon cameras. I have a need for both and desperately want Canon to offer APS-C RF mount cameras. So do many of the millions who own APS-C DSLRs and most of these millions have zero interest in the M system as it currently stands. Personally, I don't see Canon letting these millions of users fade away to Sony and Fuji who offers robust APS-C MILC systems.

Indeed. I bought an XT3 and XT30 as Canon had no such offering.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow