DP2s Color Accuracy revised

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,924
Re: DP2s Color Accuracy revised

Sincere apologies for adding incorrect information to your thread Ted, lesson learned: only comment on cameras that you have actually shot with, thus have a working knowledge of!!

P.S. I've previously used the SD14 sample from RAWSAMPLES.CH in order to research Foveon RAW processing − I've just checked it and sure enough, there are the 3x3 WB matrices, so I have to put my hand up and apologise. An honest mistake, but I should have re-checked before posting!

There are no illuminant specific RAW channel gains listed, so my point about colour casts pre-SD15 I think holds true.

With Merrill and Quattro, Foveon seemingly optimised/designed those sensors for a D65 illuminant (non-transformed RAW data maps to that). So I still wonder how that affects colour accuracy for other illuminants. Then there's the fun of does your incandescent light match that of SIGMA's calibrated illuminant? SOOC colours are just the springboard to better things I guess 

tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow