Smartphones a Gateway to Conventional Cameras?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Redhenry Regular Member • Posts: 183
Re: Smartphones a Gateway to Smartphones

I know I shouldn't wonder what the hell all these people with phones clamped to their ears in the street find to say, but it has puzzled me for years. I saw a guy in the supermarket once, standing in front of a shelf of cans with a phone pressed to his ear. He was asking whether he should get the beans with the little sausages in or without. I can't help feeling that most of the pictures taken on phones are about as interesting as most of the conversations. Most people who want to find out more about photography will eventually get a proper camera. The rest will be happy with their phones. Pretty much everyone had a point and shoot camera in the house 25 years ago in the same way that pretty much everyone has a phone now. Comparatively few had or have a more serious camera. I don't see that changing much.

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Sony RX100 II Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow