Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ad12 Senior Member • Posts: 1,293
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

EJ Fudd wrote:

in talking to someone who has worked in photo industry for 30 yrs with canon and nikon the only people who want an APS-C sensor is wildlife photographers, manufactures don’t want it
The cost of producing a full frame sensor versus an APS sensor is minimal not to mention the expense of having RandD expenses and plants manufacturing aps-c sensors.
In addition frame sensors now are 45 megapixels plus, you can easily crop in and get an image that will be just as good or better than a 30 megapixel crop sensor with less noise. Not to mention the expense of 2 different lens designs.

45mp crops to about 17mp I believe, so not better than the 32mp 90d sensor. The 90d sensor can then be cropped even further still.

Also, the R5 is about £4500. A 7d/d500 type camera is traditionally much more affordable.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow