Where have all our posters gone?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,365
Re: Where have all our posters gone?

Lelly wrote:

Over the past year or more it seems that we are having far less 'chit chat' on this forum. Is it due to folks migrating elsewhere with new E-Mount camera purchases or, perhaps like me, we are not using our cameras as much now that we have sophisticated smart-phones? Just wondering.

Still got my A77ii but admit it rarely gets used - I have too much gear.

Getting rid of my Pentax gear now though so that means the A77ii will be my only ILC in APS-C. Got me wondering how my Pentax KP with DA Ltd 20-40mm zoom will do against the A77ii and Sony 16-50/2 SSM. Bought the 16-50mm 2nd hand for £130 which seems an absolute bargain for a fixed 2.8 zoom that is moderately weather sealed. Still await delivery of the lens.

Oddly, what prompted the decision to drop Pentax was all the discussions of the newly arrived K3iii. Things like baked-in NR and the fixed rear LCD really has divided opinion. Also of course the price. Pentax used to be the value system. Sony A-mount takes that mantle now I think though I guess there will be lots of DSLR's going cheap now that mirrorless is taking over..

Looking forward to getting to know the A77ii better and using my A-mount glass on the body it was intended for. So far I've been mostly adapting it to A7R2, A9 and A7S.

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Canon EOS 5D Pentax K-5 II +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow