Did I just catch an eagle??

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Barber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,360
Did I just catch an eagle??

Today the weather was very gloomy and cold in the morning and we decided to put off our trip to the marsh until the afternoon when the sky cleared up.

As it turned out, this wasn't for the best because we had high winds and it seems most of the birds were elsewhere.

I am back shooting with my A7R4 and packing light with a the 100-400GM - it doesn't have quite the reach of the 200-600 but its weight and quick accurate focus make it a favorite. Today I decided to see if some digital tools could help make up for the lack of reach

On my way to the parking lot I noticed a number of large birds circling quite high up . Most of them looked like vultures by the way they hold their wings in a V shape, however one stood out and I decided to take a shot - even though it was quite high up.

Below is a full frame shot at 400mm to give you a sense of the height - perhaps 250ft or more.

400mm 5.6 1/2500 1SO 1000

I just added Gigapixel and AI Sharpen to my copy of Topaz Denoise and decided to see if I could enhance this image. I have used AI DeNoise for a while but still trying to work out the best workflow. I would welcome suggestions - although it would seem de-Noising should come first and sharpening last.

Here is the tiny crop of this image de-noised, motion de-blurred, sharpened and upsized.

Check this out at 100% - is this an eagle or some variety of hawk Ive not seen around the marsh?

Glenn Barber's gear list:Glenn Barber's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV Sony a6600 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow