What to use to clean the body? Is isopropyl alcohol safe? Or any suggestions?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mxk7 Forum Member • Posts: 62
What to use to clean the body? Is isopropyl alcohol safe? Or any suggestions?

I went to the beach today and got drops of seawater on the camera body. I can see some crystals formed when the water is dried out. I need something wet to get rid of the sea salt.

I have some wipes that claimed to be safe for "Eyeglasses, Tablets, Camera Lenses, Screens, Keyboards and Delicate Surfaces". And the following is from their Q&A:

-- hide signature --

Are these wipes safe on antireflective coatings?

These wipes are 100% safe on coated lenses. They are made with fine fibers that won’t scratch your lenses.

Are these wipes alcohol-free?

The product contains isopropyl alcohol.

How are these pads different from alcohol prep pads?

Alcohol prep pads typically use 70% Isopropyl alcohol and 30% water. This level of concentration is not safe to use on coated and special lenses. Our lens wipes have a 39.5% Isopropyl alcohol saturation which is milder and safer to use on lenses. They’re perfect for cleaning oils and smudges as they dry up quickly and leave your lenses streak-free.

-------

I have used some of these wipes to clean my glasses. Seems no harm. However, I saw reviews saying that their glasses, or even the screen of the car infotainment system, got damaged by the wipe.

So what will you use in this case?

Thanks

mxk7's gear list:mxk7's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow