A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
UncompressedRaw New Member • Posts: 12
Re: A1 temptation, so...

I have owned all three of them and had the exact same dilemma a few months ago. My key reasons I replaced the 2 cameras with the A1 were only confirmed after the A1 arrived. The AF I feel is much better and I get a lot more keepers. Not having to switch between "speed camera" and "resolution camera" was another main point. I don't require 30 fps but it is nice to have if I ever need it. Ie we are going in safari in 2022 and then to Iceland later that year, so it may come in handy as I explore travel with the new toy.

I just had a total knee replacement and I'm mid 50 so weight was another major point for me and not having to carry 2x bodies. With the latest compact lenses that Sony is releasing it looks like I can further reduce weight without compromising on flexibility.

Lastly, maybe not what everyone experiences, but I find the colours on the A1 much more enjoyable.

On the downside, the bloody issue with the EVF is a real bummer and I hope Sony will fix it asap.

UncompressedRaw's gear list:UncompressedRaw's gear list
Sony a1 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow