your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jf_tea Senior Member • Posts: 1,521
Re: your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

Thanks to everyone who replied so far. Many interesting stories.

FA28-FZ35: Me too, I found the CCD of the FZ28 gave less noisy pictures. But the faster AF of the FZ35 enabled me to capture some images which would have been more difficult to catch with the FZ28. Both cameras were much better in good light than in low light (as all compact sensor cameras, as we all know).

I've been tempted by the FZ1000, but, I've handled in store and found it bigger than what I want to carry for walking around or hiking. I do understand that it can be a very practical (and nice) replacement for a DSLR with a set of lenses, including telephoto. Now, I do not own any long zoom for my ILC -- I prefer a few small primes -- and I rely on a FZ200 and ZS15 for long focals.

I will have to look at the FZ1000, eventually. I've read about the ZS100 and ZS200, but, their lens is not as good as the FZ1000 lens -- from what I read.

-- hide signature --

-JF

jf_tea's gear list:jf_tea's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow