Sony A1 —new book on the A1 by Gary Friedman

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jojophotomo Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: Sony A1 —new book on the A1 by Gary Friedman

Michael H wrote:

I am not experiencing EVF blackout. So settings and technique must play some role. I have used the camera in the bright Australian sunlight.

When you say technique, can you please elaborate on what you mean? Can you also please elaborate on what settings you're using that are helping you to not experience EVF blackout?

EVF malfunction with Sony Alphas is and has historically been related to software/hardware issues which in this case, appears to only be effecting some A1s.  Also, Sony Professional Services acknowledged this issue when I spoke tot hem last week.

Perhaps it's not how you intended it to be, but It's an extremely bold claim to tell someone their EVF isn't turning on in direct sunlight because of their technique as a photographer, so please back your statement up.

Basically this is like telling someone who has a corrupt memory card that they just need to "be better" in order for it to work.  How, exactly, would you propose doing this?

Jojophotomo's gear list:Jojophotomo's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a1 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 20mm F1.8G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow