GX9 stabilization

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kodachromed Junior Member • Posts: 37
GX9 stabilization

There is a thread started back in 2018 concerning the underwhelming stabilization on the GX9. Some people even wondered if there was a fault with the implementation in the GX9 that Panasonic was quietly pretending not to know about i.e that the dual i.s actually produced worse results,at certain shutter speeds,than not using it.

There was some speculation that firmware update 1.5 would address this issue (if an issue actually existed)

Not owning a GX9 I couldn't be sure if the comments represented the general experience of the GX9's owners re stabilization or whether this was only a few unlucky people who had bought a faulty camera and were quite vocal about it on this forum.

So I was wondering whether there was any consensus i.e does the GX9 have some inherent limitations/problems with its stabilization and if so was it addressed in any firmware updates subsequently?

kodachromed's gear list:kodachromed's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-H1
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow