X-T4 to R6, questions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,762
Re: X-T4 to R6, questions

Funny Valentine wrote:

But if you use Olympus lenses you will be disappointed by Canon's primes, specially the 35 f/1.8 and 85 f/2, in my opinion these two are the worst mirrorless prime lenses on the market, absolutely so much far behind and outdated than Sony and Panasonic prime lenses.

Wholly disagree with you on this. Both the Sony & Canon budget 35's & 85's have their pros & cons, but the RF's certainly aren't "so far behind the Sony primes".

I don't own the RF 24-70 f/2.8, In my opinion you will only get the full potential of the full frame format with bright primes (smaller than zooms, more DoF control, better IQ).

Hasn't this always been the case with a zoom? It's always a compromise. The RF 24-70/2.8 is by far the best mid range zoom I've ever used - if zooms are your thing, this will extract more from a full frame sensor than anything else.

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Leica Q2 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow