Recent photo shoots with Z6

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP pshummer Regular Member • Posts: 131
Re: Recent photo shoots with Z6

PLShutterbug wrote:

4score1957 wrote:

PLShutterbug wrote:

A suggestion: get a diffuser for your flash, and work on your balance between subjects in shade and bright backgrounds.

Could you please refer to a specific photo and what you see relative to your suggestions? Thanks.

Photos 6-9 all look contrived, too contrasty in the shadowed subject and the sunny background is overexposed. Plus I see the effect of using your Godex flash without a diffuser.

Well, that's what you get when you shoot in the desert area. There are 3 stops or more between the shade and in the background but I just love it! It beautifully portrays the beautiful desert nature but I had to put the subject in the shade.

I used the Godox strobe with a reflector +a sock, If you read my comments.

For the black woman's shots, I didn't want to bring a big light with me because we're practically on the golf course and I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to us. Therefore, I used a speedlight only. But it's hard to balance the light with a speedlight alone and I had to use full power.

pshummer's gear list:pshummer's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow