K-3 III, HD DA 55-300 PLM Tracking a Red wing Black bird. A Sequence

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Richard Smals
Richard Smals Senior Member • Posts: 1,888
Re: K-3 III, HD DA 55-300 PLM Tracking a Red wing Black bird. A Sequence

Kobie M-C wrote:

Jozef M wrote:

Mike Arledge wrote:

Thanks for posting this. Not perfect focus - but looks like low light shooting so pretty good considering, but it never tried to focus on the reeds, so its a big step forward from what I have experienced with Pentax. Looks promising.

I think this is movement blur, I don't think 1/1600sec is enough to stop motion in this case ... 1/3200sec (+ auto iso) would be better.

Jozef.

I agree. It's hard to judge on the back of the camera. Trial and error it is. It's crazy windy today and the birds were (ballpark figure) probably flying in at about 50 mph.

Thanks for showing these. For me the first three/four images the focus plane is more upfront you can see the DOF transition in the plants.Because the bird is not that big in the frame i guess that the bird can not be in the same focal plane as mentioned. Your thoughts about this?

There is more motion blur later on when your panning with the bird.

I look a these with interest because i'm validating the AF from the K3 III for portrait work, maybe you have already experience in this regard. Maybe an AF you-tube video i watch you regularly there.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Bye4now

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow