DP2s Color Accuracy revised

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 19,895
DP2s Color Accuracy revised

I've added a simple delta-E color error column to my method:

Previously, only the hue angle error was calculated, not how far apart the camera and the card patch values are in terms of "distance" in CIELAB space.

DeltaE: ab means that the difference in Lightness L* is not included.

Interesting to note that, for blue, the difference in hue angle is not much (7 out of 360 degrees) but the DeltaE is quite a lot. Although this could be deduced by looking at the Delta-Chroma, DeltaE provides a more meaningful overall number.

It is said that a DeltaE of about 2 or 3 including Lightness is Just Noticeable by humans. So even with only a*b* compared, the DP2s was quite a bit off with the exception of green and yellow.

As always the test is a sample of one - statistically insignificant.

I might yet go the Full Monty and do the three-dimensional CIE DeltaE00 instead of just a*b* ... well, it IS raining for next few days ...

Hmm ... I just looked up the 2000 formula - I think I'll stick with CIE Delta#76

-- hide signature --

Pedantry is hard work, but someone's gotta do it ...

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +13 more
Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow