*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,861
Re: The Royal Station at Wolferton...

Very cool shots and place, Karen and Phil.

BTW, I think it is both unusual and great that you two share this hobby.  Nancy and I share many things - love for the dogs, backwoods living, upland bird hunting, sailing, etc.; and I feel very lucky in that regard.  While she likes my images and is glad for the enjoyment I get from photography, it is one of the few activities we do not share.

Here is the least royal train station ever.  It is in my tiny home town of Birdsboro, PA.  The town pretty much collapsed into mini-rustbelt poverty when the only employer, Birdsboro Steel, closed in the early 1960’s; and has been going downhill every since.  The surrounding countryside is beautiful; the town not so much.

When I was a little kid in the early 1950’s, I would ride the train from here to Philadelphia to see the Franklin museum and such.  Imagine a little kid doing that by himself today,

Anyway, here’s the old train station, gradually crumbling.

Greg

S--
Check out my photos at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/137747053@N07/4M38jjtbelt

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow