*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,379
Re: The Royal Station at Wolferton...

PMUK wrote:

The Royal Station at Wolferton was used by various Kings and Queens and members of high society attending the nearby royal residence at Sandringham Estate until 1966. (The line was closed in 1969 following the Beeching Review of the National Rail Network). The station and signal box still remain, but are now private residences. The station has been restored by the current owner to reflect its former status, with viewings possible by prior appointment. Photography of the site from the exterior is 'expressly' permitted.

We passed the site during a recent trip to the area in ‘Frank’ (our camper van). The images were taken by Karen, then processed/ fiddled around with by me.

Further details of The Royal Station can be found by clicking Here .

Phil and Karen

I would suggest going for quite higher contrast curves in your B&W processing: that is too much of a faded look at least for my taste, and you have to offset the loss of color by bringing more for the eyes to rest on in.

With B&W one can aim for "striking" in a manner that would be technicolor/garish in color.

-- hide signature --

Dak

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow