*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 2,839
Re: *** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Reto B wrote:

Thanks for posting these nice images, KB! Central park looks almost the same as when I was there in the early seventies, but the skyline has drasticly changed.

What a bummer that you have such a bad Internet connection in NYC! I live up in the remote mountains and can easily post 10 images (or more, but not allowed) without having to wait. One image (4k resolution) takes a few seconds...

Best wishes,
Reto

Thank you, Reto.

Yes Central Park seems to have kept its original looks from the time I first came to NYC. And it has gotten much cleaner and safer and of course bicycles everywhere now. But like you mentioned, so many new buildings have been built, some in groups in certain neighborhoods like Hudson Yards or Long Island City or DUMBO or Times Square, etc. Some, to me, seem to be excessive and the skyline and neighborhoods have been forever altered.

Mine is WiFi and it is very slow. Many times I will just give up after 2 or 3 tries mainly because I lost my train of thought. Maybe I will switch to cable if there is an unlimited usage option or if the provider also has hot spots throughout the city.

I'd like to visit Central Park again soon, but I got rudely reminded about my allergies, especially itchy eyes (!) during my last visit.

KB

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow