Does IBIS & OIS work together on X-S10 for greater effect than either alone?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
GMacF Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: Does IBIS & OIS work together on X-S10 for greater effect than either alone?

JohnnyFair wrote:

I'd really appreciate some help with one issue on the X-S10 review. The comments about IBIS/OIS are not clear, or rather comprehensive enough in one regard. I'd like to know about the rated and/or experienced amount of reduction with OIS capable lenses and the IBIS operational. I own the Panasonic G85 and DP review of that camera went into great detail about the dual IS issues, and I don't see that info for this camera. Does anyone know how the IBIS/OIS combination with the 18-55 OIS lens compares to the G85 with 12-60 OIS? My purpose in asking is to learn how the X-S10 will fare with hand held video compared to the G85, and any other current stabilized cameras like the X-T4 and X-H1. Also, will adapted lenses like the Canon EF-S 15-85 with IS work with IBIS on the X-S10 or will I have to choose between IBIS and IS?

The IBIS and OIS do work in tandem with most lenses.

I recall seeing a table somewhere that outlined the OIS stops and combined stops when used with IBIS but I cannot remember where. However the link below, while not as detailed, may help:

https://www.fujirumors.com/ibis-performance-of-x-s10-x-t4-and-x-h1-on-all-fujifilm-x-mount-lenses-compared/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow