*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,379
Re: *** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

KBTinto wrote:

I guess all the tall buildings with metal and concrete and even special glass would hamper wireless signals .

But I rarely had such constant loss of signal ... it got really bad starting October / November .. and I have a nagging feeling my provider is going to give priority to 5G (got notice saying they were cutting back customer support for my hotspot) but it might also have to do with other folks around my area getting their own wireless hotspots which I read can impact signal strength.

It's capitalism at work: providers will give you what earns them money.  You have an unlimited usage contract, so the way to get more money is to sell more of those contracts until capacities break down, then sell people something more expensive.

Keeping your "unlimited usage" contract working is a counterproductive expense.

I might switch to cable for my internet (most apts in my building use cable) , combining it with tv. But the unlimited usage contract I currently have is very nice since I can surf without bothering about how many Gigs I'm using but I wonder if the provider will offer the same deal.

I remember the days when I used phone modems with 1200 bps speed and connected to a bbs or 2 or 3 ...

Ah yes, ADSL.  1200 bps downstream and 75 bps upstream.

-- hide signature --

Dak

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow