Diagonal Streaks In Sky on Select Shots (NOT Posterization)

Started Apr 28, 2021 | Discussions thread
OP Platographer Contributing Member • Posts: 884
Re: Diagonal Streaks In Sky on Select Shots (NOT Posterization)

Nusratty wrote:

Given the exposure time of 195 secs i would expect the sky to have streaks in it due to cloud movement. These are the only streaking effects i can see

As I said, it is not due to the long exposure. Below is a very short (1/100 second) exposure and the same type of diagonal exposure-changing lines are present through the sky going from upper right to lower left (or vice versa). As with the long exposure shot, this issue is present in Lightroom when processing the uncompressed raw file, so it also does not have anything to do with jpeg or any other compression.

Handsome90 wrote:

Nice photo! Did you use any polariser or ND filters?

Thanks! I used either a 15-stop ND filter or a 10-stop plus 3-stop ND filters, but not a CP. I returned the CP that came with my ND filter kit because it had scratches and I had not yet received the replacement when I took these photos. I like how it turned out except for those mysterious diagonal streaks going through the sky. It's always something.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow