Should I Upgrade from Canon 70D

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Shane F Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Should I Upgrade from Canon 70D

I think I like the Sony a 7C. It is compact and full frame. Now the question is for a lens given the fact that the camera is full frame, I don’t need to get such a long zoom as I can crop the photo and still get better resolution than an APS-C.I am curious. I have the Tamron 70 to 300. If I want to shoot something at 300mm  with the APS camera what would be the equivalent for a full frame camera if I would crop it to get the same type of photo with the same resolution. Because clearly I don’t need to get the equivalent of 300 mm with a full frame. Let’s assume they are both 24 MP. So what is a full frame about 2.5 times more sensor than an APS-C camera.

The 24-70 is fairly compact. It is amazing the size difference between These cameras and what I have at home. They have A6600 with an 18 -135mm lens and it is small. Not small enough to put in a pocket so there isn’t really a big difference size in between the A6600 and the A7C.

I want to check the Canon as well

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow