Yet another backpack thread - Osprey Stratos 36 + which camera cube?

Started Nov 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
TheBlackGrouse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,586
Re: Yet another backpack thread - Osprey Stratos 36 + which camera cube?

travelertom wrote:

I Love Furry Animals wrote:

travelertom wrote:

I Love Furry Animals wrote:

Just a side note, the f-stop ICU external dimension was
7 x 11.5 x 15 in (17.8 x 29.2 x 38.1 cm)
The Osprey Manta 34 was
14 x 14 x 22 in (36 x 36 x 56 cm).

Looking at the size spec alone, people may think other packs should fits too, but it doesn't. Every inches/centimeters matters, also the type of the opening, and the curvature of the main compartment.

Thanks for the insight. Would you be able to say if there space space for a Peak Design Medium Cube @ 12.6 x 12.6 x 6.7 (32 x 32 x 17 cm) inside the Manta as well? An inch or so wider.

Unfortunately I don't think it will fit. The width of my cube which is 29.2 cm is already at the maximum the Manta can handle. Probably can fit 1cm more, but no more than that. It's already tight.

Illuminating, thanks. I know from experience what a PITA it is to load too tight items from the top opening.

I was looking at the Gregory Zulu 35 and though it's a centimeter or two lacking in width vis-a-vis the cubes' dimensions, I was wondering if the front panel opening would be less cumbersome to work with. Any clues? Anyone?

Front panel opening, don't know how you do it but I like to have a working platform when shooting landscapes. With front panel access the back gets wet and/or dirty. Then it's better to take out the insert through the top opening, lay the pack on its front and put the insert on the backpanel.

Many times I'm glad I can use the top opening to get the insert in and out. Didn't realize that before.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow