What is holding Sigma back with the new Merril(s)?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Johan Borg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,228
Re: What is holding Sigma back with the new Merril(s)?

Lukacs85 wrote:

I can't imagine a new FF X3 sensor how can be competitive. I expect Bayer reaching the 100MP border on 35mm next 1-2 year, and even A7R4 would be a tough competition in resolution, fine detail, let alone the camera response speed, AF-speed, size, battery, live view quality. I really hope Sigma can make us a surprise, but I have no high expectations. I'd prefer a new DP series with small, simple body for an affordable price.

They don't have to be competitive across the board, especially now that they share L-mount with Panasonic, Leica and their own Bayer cameras. The new Foveon primarily needs to be unique, in the same way the original DP2 got me into Foveon despite its resolution and feature set.

Let the other brands fight against smartphone specs and deliver another perspective, like every Foveon camera to date. Personally I'd even be happy with a 10MP full frame Foveon if it delivered deep, rich colors and those dramatic clouds...

Johan Borg's gear list:Johan Borg's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma fp Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow