*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,379
Re: To follow-up with Courtney, Reto and Bill again:

Reto B wrote:

Birddogman wrote:

The house that looked like it was raised up on pallets has now had its wooden posts installed. There are maybe 10”x10” treated lumber and maybe 15’ long. They are set into the sand by careful hand work with a high pressure water “drill” one at at time. Maybe 2/3’s of their length is buried. Hard work!

Now, I’m guessing they will be cut off to a perfectly uniform length, braces/beams will be built on top to hold the house; and then the house will be lowered down on to them.

Many structures here are going through this process, but we walk l by this particular house several times a day from our camp, so more reports later, if you are interested. There is nothing like this where we live. I find it fascinating what little, soft, delicate human beings can accomplish.

Thank you for this update, Greg. I guess it's back to pile dwelling, which works as well as it did thousands of years ago. There once were extensive pile dwellings at the shores of the lake of Zurich.

All the best,
Reto

If it's good enough for Venice...

-- hide signature --

Dak

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow