My 5DsR is on its way, but...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Siobhan_K Regular Member • Posts: 232
Only on DPReview . . .

. . . is a flexible, durable, refined, professional-grade 51MP system body, used the world over by demanding artists, creatives, and journalists across every genre of our profession, a "compromise camera" for a "creative amateur photographer."

This place needs to get a grip. It's getting ridiculous.

ADW02 wrote:

As for the 5DsR itself, my opinion is that this was the best compromise camera that I could buy for my desires as a landscape/cityscape creative amateur photographer. I'm a retiree living on a fixed income, and the $1,603 tax-paid price is certainly acceptable. My 6DII, no slouch in its own way, will be a nice backup. The cost of going with medium-format? At least six-thousand dollars for the body alone. Not an option. And the rumored price of going with the Canon R3 when it becomes available? About $4,500, not to mention the cost of an adapter ring for my EF lenses. Maybe in a few years.

Siobhan_K's gear list:Siobhan_K's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow