Really wish Nikon would make the Control Ring less sensitive (and other ramblings)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camerons Regular Member • Posts: 129
Really wish Nikon would make the Control Ring less sensitive (and other ramblings)

In earlier firmware, when the Control Ring was used for focus, it was way too sensitive. At some point they tuned it down and it has a great feel now.

But when using the Control Ring for aperture, that's another story. It takes only a tiny movement to go from f/1.8 to f/16, and on many lenses, the Control Ring can easily be bumped.

Is there any reason for the ring to be that sensitive?

I'm also wondering why not have an option to make the focus pull linear? This is possible correct?

And why not make Shutter Speed and ISO as options on the ring. I understand Aperture control is usually found on the lens and Shutter and ISO on the body, but why? It'd give us more options for control and make that LCD on the top tier lenses even more useful.

And lastly, my epic idea for the Control Ring that I hope comes true one day:

In future bodies, they should add haptic feedback to the grip, so you can feel the difference in aperture settings as you turn.

camerons's gear list:camerons's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow