*** 25 April 2021 - 2nd May 2021 - Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 1,969
Re: Nostalgia number II: Re-processed photos from 2004-2009

Birddogman wrote:

Great shots, Reto.

Thank you very much, Greg!

Once again, your pics bring back memories of living in Europe many years ago.

Yes, and to me it brings back the memories of living in Zurich until five years ago

All my images of those days are, of course, prints from film. I didn’t discover digital photography until around 2000 (never looked back once I did!). Those thousands of old prints are in plastic bags and boxes out in the barn. With only a handful of exceptions, I never digitized them. Each time I think about doing that, I am stopped in my tracks by the sheer enormity of the task.

I also have a lot of stuff back from the analog days. I mostly shot diapositives but all this stuff is somewhere in the attic of my ex-wife and I'm not tempted to go there and get it.

But in my case there are only a few hundreds, not thousands, because I never shoot more than I absolutely need to get what I want. Comes to it that I almost never took a camera with me during my almost five years of traveling half the planet. I took a camera  to India where I was for six months, but I only took less than 40 shots during that time...

Best wishes,
Reto

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow