EF extender stacking

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP J.K.T. Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: EF extender stacking

John Crowe wrote:

It is the Canon EF 2x II which is the only stackable extender. It can stack with any of the three EF 1.4x extenders. The EF 1.4x goes on to the camera body and the EF 2x II has a bigger rear opening to fit onto the protruding front element of the 1.4x.

You know what they say about assumptions... I had not seen the Canon EF 2x ones, but the 2x ones I have seen did not have such opening, so I assumed it wouldn't have one and that mandated the stacking order assumption.

You can even stack the EF 2x II on top of the EF 2x III. So you should be able to stack the original EF 2x onto the EF 2x II as well.

Not sure how that fits with your RF plans.

It leaves the situation open. Both the RX ones have the same forward protrusion and I know the EF 1.4x II can be mounted in front of it. There is, however, pretty much zero extra space between them. So if any of the other EF ones have glass more rearwards compared to EF 1.4x II it can't be mounted. If not, it can.

J.K.T.'s gear list:J.K.T.'s gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow