A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Old Pirate Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
Re: A1 temptation, so...

SrMi wrote:

Old Pirate wrote:

After a few days with the A1 I can say this:

The comments here to keep the A7riv and trade my A9ii proved to be excellent advice due to the kind of photography I enjoy and I appreciate those that did.

I like bird photography and the bird eye AF takes it to another level over the A9ii. The images are as rich as the A7riv. The AF is faster than the A9ii and stickier.

I haven't had any issues with the camera and I have used several lenses in it including the 16-35 GM with no issues.

For portraits and landscapes, Rotary meetings and church socials I will put a prime on my A7riv and be perfectly satisfied.

While A7rIV is perfectly fine for those venues, why would you use A7rIV instead of your A1?

I didn't say I would. I said I would be perfectly satisfied to do so. I was merely trying to say that there aren't a lot of gains in those areas, but for fast action it is in another league completely, and because of the megapixels, surpasses the A9ii in the action stuff I enjoy doing because small birds are small targets.

Old Pirate's gear list:Old Pirate's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow