24mm and 50mm, or just 35mm?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
patricksmith32
patricksmith32 Contributing Member • Posts: 863
Re: 24mm and 50mm, or just 35mm?

nikpharm wrote:

OP has already decided to grab 35mm 1.8g.

Hopefully he bought that used, otherwise I think that’s a bad buy. The Tamron 35mm f/1.4E SP is not much more, I got mine during the rebate for $699! It’s an incredible lens for the money and better than the $1,700 Nikon 35mm f/1.4G! In fact in my testing it’s also just as good as the amazing Nikon 28mm f/1.4E lens as well. I had a hard choice deciding on the Tamron 35mm and the Nikon 28mm f/1.4 lenses. I bought both to test side by side and both are so great it’s ridiculous. Both are near optical perfection and I would own both of if I had unlimited funds lol! Anyways the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G is a good lens, but for the money new, I would much rather have the Tamron. If Tamron ever offers another $200 rebate anyone reading this should buy it, I can’t recommend it enough. I used to always be satisfied with say the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G or VR. Both are very good lenses, but once you try or buy the Tamron 35mm f/1.4E or Nikon 28mm f/1.4E you realize what is now possible image quality wise.

patricksmith32's gear list:patricksmith32's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm F4E FL ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon D5 Nikon D6 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow