Long Zoom for Nikon Z

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ira Blumberg Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Long Zoom for Nikon Z

I have owned the Sigma 150-600 Sport since around the time it was released and I have used it with a D7200, D800 and now Z7. It has given really good results with all 3 bodies. I have used it quite a bit for bird photography and the images at 600mm are quite good.

The lens also focuses quickly including with the Z7 body. Overall, I have been quite pleased with it.

However, it is a monster in terms of size and weight. Unless you are a serious body builder, it will be impossible to hand hold at the longer focal lengths as the lens telescopes and the front lens elements are huge and heavy. Thus, in addition to the lens, you will need at least a monopod and preferably a tripod.

Based on this, if you are reluctant to carry heavier lenses and support equipment, this lens is not for you.

To put this into a bit of perspective, this lens does accept screw on filters. The filter size is 105MM. This filter is the size of a salad plate ;-).

Ira Blumberg's gear list:Ira Blumberg's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow