Photo/video editing monitor in $500 range?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
LASR Regular Member • Posts: 286
Re: Photo/video editing monitor in $500 range?

NeedMorePractice wrote:

The time has come to upgrade my work monitor, as I'm doing more photo and video editing for my company these days, rather than just as a hobbyist. The work is heavy on photo editing, but also includes some 4K Premiere Pro stuff for promo/demo videos.

Currently using a hand-me-down Dell D3218HN, for reference.

New one doesn't need to be 4K, but would be nice.

Color accuracy is obviously a high priority here, preferably out of the box. Not looking for the highest professional level of performance and accuracy, but I assume something decent can be had under $1k.

Any size between 24" and 32" is fine with me. I'm not the type who needs a giant screen. My home screen is 23" and it's totally fine. If anything, the 32" one I'm using now is almost too big for how close I sit, but 32" is not a deal-breaker.

All input is appreciated.

For 4K and would be 27'' for 50-60 cm and 32'' for 60-70 cm distance but I agree with you and prefer 27'', and my eyes are at around 70 cm from the monitor. The main price difference would be the colour space and not the size . If you are happy with 100% sRGB a BenQ PD2700U would be $499 but there are more recent versions. If you want 99% Adobe RGB then it will cost twice or more for the same size, one example would be the BenQ SW271C. These monitors are factory calibrated but you should calibrate the monitor from time to time. The SW271C has better HDR support for video. If you are producing mainly content for a webpage sRGB is fine.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow