No touch screen on new imac?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Greybeard2017
Greybeard2017 Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Re: interesting...

MattPointZero wrote:

It's interesting to me that there is concensus against this, but fair enough.

It's not for the jabby finger thing, it's for the apple pencil - imacs are industry standard for design and editing as I understand it, and a touch screen imac would allow use of the pencil which has huge application. The surface studio I used was frustrating because I hate windows and they weirdly under spec the hardware on it - but the screen and implementation is absolutely incredible for retouching. When the tech is all there ready to go, I kind of expected it, but apparently it was just me.

The new imac has the M1, but otherwise is unspectacular - which isn't to underplay the brilliant leap in sensor design that I am a big fan of, I just think a thinner screen and some colour choices is underwhelming when it seems a lot more could be possible.

Having mostly switched from Windows to Mac I miss the touch capability of my Lenovo all-in-one - didn't use it frequently but the option of just reaching out and touching the screen to select something was handy.

I find myself reaching out to the new monitor and then remembering at the last moment that it won't do anything.

Greybeard2017's gear list:Greybeard2017's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-S10
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow