Nice Feature on sd Quattro h

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeffry7 Regular Member • Posts: 401
Nice Feature on sd Quattro h

I was out taking moon pictures last night. It was bright enough I could get a nice exposure at ISO 100. So I was trying to make sure I wasn't clipping the highlights.

I took a shot and reviewed it on the back screen. I zoomed in to look at the limb of the moon, which is where the blown highlights would be. I also changed the display mode while zoomed in to include the histogram.

The cool part is that the histogram appeared to be only for the zoomed in portion of the picture.

A moon pic at 400mm has a lot of black pixels. So black overwhelms the histogram and makes it difficult to read. (Log on the Y Axis please?)

But the zoomed in portion had much less black. While I could definitively see a lump in the dark section of the histogram, it did not overwhelm the rest of the histogram and I could easily see the area on the histogram that represented the moon.

I could see using this feature more when the exposure is complex and you want to make sure you are getting something out of your shadows or highlights.

Anyway, I thought I would share.

Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow