Markarian's Chain--Luminance

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jared Willson Senior Member • Posts: 1,147
Markarian's Chain--Luminance

The weather has been poor and it looks like it will continue to be poor up until the full moon, so I thought I would post what I've been working on the past few days. This is Markarian's Chain, just over five hours of luminance data. I particularly like the dust lanes and tidal interactions of "The Eyes" (NGC 4438 and NGC 4435 at the center of the frame). I haven't decided yet whether I want to turn this into a wider field mosaic so I can include M87 with it's relativistic jet. The problem is, while the jet in M87 is intrinsically cool, it doesn't really add anything to the image itself.

Telescope: Riccardi-Honders 305mm f/3.7

Mount: Astro-Physics AP1100GTO AE

Camera: QHY600 monochrome

These were three minute subs, all unguided, taken under Bortle 8/9 skies (17.1 MPSAS--a little better than usual since my neighbor had his lights out)

Markarian's Chain, Luminance

Annotation

Lots of background galaxies in this area, of course. A few of the PGC labels are not in quite the right place, though. Everything labeled is, in fact, visible in the full resolution image.

- Jared

Jared Willson's gear list:Jared Willson's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica SL2 Hasselblad X1D II 50C Leica SL 90-280mm F2.8–4 Hasselblad XCD 30mm F3.5 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow