Canon Prograf 2100 Sizes Not Supported By Driver

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BMC1975 New Member • Posts: 1
Canon Prograf 2100 Sizes Not Supported By Driver

Hello.

My wife has a business where she creates invitations, drink menus, and wrapping paper. She normally drop ships this to remote printing businesses.

She is looking at the idea of bringing this printing in-house to keep more of the revenue in-house but also to control quality better. She's been doing the smaller prints on her 7 year old Canon Pixma. ...which has been fine.

My background is in large format printing but for engineering drawings not photo/art quality printing.

The question we can't seem to get answered (even by Canon) is can we print to roll sizes not directly supported by the driver?

I see on their site that custom sized rolls can be supported from 6" to 24" but even the support person at Canon didn't seem sure that this could support a 19" roll.

Would anyone here have experience with this printer and know if we can honestly put in any roll size from 6" to 24" as a custom size or are we limited to only what the driver explicitly allows outside of custom rolls?

Really trying to be sure it can do what we want before diving in and getting a printer that really won't print any sizes we are after.

Thank you!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow