OTish: Rename files on iPad (yes I know but I'm a PC man)

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,468
OTish: Rename files on iPad (yes I know but I'm a PC man)

I have ended up having to administer an IPad and I'm asking on this forum because if any PC guy knows the issue they will understand the dilemma.

I've taken some photo/scans of documents using the camera and I don't know where they are (in PC terms).  I can load them, edit (rotate/crop) but can't rename.  I can't file browse to where they are using the iPad Files, and I've downloaded a File manager from the Apple Store which is supposed to help but doesn't .  Clues please.

I've had the iPad for a month or so now and I just don't get it.  I've googled, YouTube'd, read Help.  What is the attraction.  Mail is not a patch on Thunderbird.  Sites lock with Safari.  I must be missing something because people rave and pay a lot of money extra.  Clues please.

It probably doesn't help that I go back to the days of CP/M, MSDOS, Win3.x etc and am fairly set in my ways but at the moment it seems that the easiest way to rename a photo is to email it to myself to pick up in Windows, rename, and email back.  I can't even Bluetooth.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow