How to customize a button to toggle the 1.6X crop mode? And Spot-AF?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan-Z Regular Member • Posts: 174
How to customize a button to toggle the 1.6X crop mode? And Spot-AF?

I'm into birding and have trouble sometimes getting the camera to focus on little birds in a tree. So I tried using the 1.6X crop mode for the first time this past weekend and I think this is a good workaround as there are less branches for the camera to deal with when I'm cropped in. And I was probably going to crop it in post anyways. I read some old posts in the forum where some people had customized a button to toggle the 1.6x crop mode. But all I can find in the customized buttons is a "Cropping/Aspect Ratio" selection. But when I choose this, I have to then scroll over to 1.6x and select it. That works, but I'd prefer having to click only once as every second counts when chasing these tiny birds.

Second issue, I had my DOF button set to spot AF for many months now. I would hold the button down, and focus using my bbf button. But when playing around trying to customize 1.6x mode, I accidently changed the DOF selection. Now I can't figure out how to get Spot AF back!!.

Did something change in the last update that removed some of the functionalities for customized buttons?

thanks,

Dan-Z's gear list:Dan-Z's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow