Sigma 20mm 1.4 problems

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michaelq16000 New Member • Posts: 5
Sigma 20mm 1.4 problems

Hi guys, I've got a problem with my lens. It is a Sigma A 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM (Canon EF mount).

The lens has many weird particles in it. They are somewhere in the middle of lens' length, not right under front or back glass elements. They can be seen only when we look at the lens straight under strong light source. I think they don't impact photo quality, I can't see these in the photos at f/1.4 or f/16

My guesses:

-It's not fungus. It wouldn't be so even on the whole element and it was properly stored

-Water? Steam? Maybe

-Anti-reflective coatings? Glue problems? I think so because when I posted this photo on my local groups in Poland there are many more people with this problem- it looks like a factory failure to me, with would confirm bad coatings or something

If I'm right about these coatings, can this problem be more than just lower contrast in harsh light in the future? I wanted to sell this lens and to be honest the guy who wanted to buy it saw it first and I feel very bad about it... We just want to know if it could become a bigger problem

If you've got this lens too, please look if yours has the same trash inside

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow