Prints too dark with i1 Studio / ColorMunki Photo

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
madbrain Regular Member • Posts: 132
Prints too dark with i1 Studio / ColorMunki Photo

I bought a used ColorMunki photo spectrometer, and installed the latest i1 studio software for it. I calibrated my 3 monitors with it, as well as several combinations of printers/papers.

All my prints are significantly darker than on the screen.

I'm printing from Lightroom Classic to a Canon Pro-100 with PC ink under Windows 10.

Picture attached is taken with my Note 20 Ultra of a print on Epson Metallic Paper Luster that I profiled, vs how it looks like on the screen (LG 32UD59-B, 96% of DCI P3).

I have tried soft proofing with the paper ICC profile I created, and it the screen and the print still look nothing alike in terms of brightness.

The color of the print isn't bad, though. Using the custom print profile is definitely an improvement vs not using it.  But why is the brightness so far off vs the screen ? I was hoping using the same instrument to calibrate both the monitor & printer would give a closer match than that. What am I doing wrong ?

madbrain's gear list:madbrain's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +9 more
Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow