Leica CL vs. D-Lux 7 Image Quality

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
nlk10010 Regular Member • Posts: 255
Re: Leica CL vs. D-Lux 7 Image Quality

At one point I had the D-Lux 7, CL and Leica Q.

Evaluation of image quality is subjective, all I can tell you is from my perspective it was CL > Q > D-Lux 7. The CL was closest to my M10, I liked it that much and I definitely saw a difference compared to the D-Lux 7, which lacks in High-ISO performance (as IMO did the Q, which I no longer have). But for web posting I'm not sure there's a heck of a lot of difference.

The CL is light and offers interchangeable lenses, but it still isn't as portable as the D-Lux 7, which has the great advantage it's still going to be easier to take with you everywhere and increases the likelihood you'll get the shot. However, if you want to buy another camera and need the various focal lengths, I think the CL would be an excellent choice. Yes it's APS-C but if you're not into agonizing over each pixel then it doesn't matter.

-- hide signature --

"The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

nlk10010's gear list:nlk10010's gear list
Leica D-Lux 7 Leica M10 Sony a9 Fujifilm X-T3 Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow